Blogs can be used to connect with your students in a personal manner, giving you greater insight to their lives and letting them learn about you as well. Blogs can be multi-functional ranging from journals, assignments, reflections, thoughts, experiences, homework, publication of student work, uploading articles so students can react to them etc. Blogs can be used for many purposes. The purpose of this blog is to learn to blog and it is in the form of an assignment.
Greeting bloggers!
Your first assignment is to write a post. Include the following:
- Go to blogger.com and either sign in or create a Google email account
- After signing in with your gmail account, click on create a blog next and then get started
- Next, give your blog a title of your choosing
- Next, supply a blog address: http://carolynw.blogspot.com/ for example; then, check availability of name
- Now click on continue
- Then choose a starter template of your choice and click continue
- Type whatever you want after you click on compose
- Proofread and Publish Post and click on View blog
- Send your blog address so that I can see your creation
Congratulations!!! You have now completed your first blog consisting of a post. Please proofread it, save it, preview it, and publish post it if you are satisfied with your creation.
Happy Blogging!!!
Write a comment on each of the following: 1. What were your initial thoughts about blogging 2. How can blogging be used in our curriculum or class? 3. What were your feelings about the prospect of starting your very own blog? (a) I'm excited (b) Ugh, this is going to be hectic and plenty of work (c) I don't respond to online poll questions (d) none of the above.
Your answer is: ____
*Note: Your assignment should be posted no later than midnight on Tuesday, July 26, 2011.
http://wrightsblogworld.blogspot.com/2011/07/my-first-blog.html
ReplyDeleteComment 1: At first, I thought blogging was very hard, but after completing this assignment on creating a blog and creating a post I now think that blogging is a siche. Blogs are fun to create and you can create a blog on any topic within the realms of education.
Comment 2: In this class, bLogs can be used for posting assignments, homework, and projects. Moreover, blogs can be used as a place for reflections, journals, thoughts and interactions from students. Furthermore, blogs can be used as an interactive device to engage students as they learn. They can be used to post students' work as well as publishing students' work. In conclusion, blogs are very effective for incorporating reading and writing in the curriculum.
My answer to question 3 is A - I was excited!!
Carolyn,
ReplyDeleteI am glad to see how effective blogging can be used as a teaching aid. This type assignment will involve over 60% of your students.
My answer is B--I am excited.
Emily
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteMy answer is B I am excited. I use to blog about random things and books I really liked when I worked at the library. It is interesting to see how blogging can be used in a classroom.
ReplyDeleteElizabeth